Have you ever wondered if unicorns are talked about in the Bible? Let’s see!
Unicorns are legendary creatures that are believed to have incredible magical powers. Is it possible that unicorns are real? Does the Bible reference unicorns at all?
Well if you didn’t know, the answer is yes! Unicorns are mentioned in the Bible! Students of the Old Testament may be familiar with a few of the verses that refer to unicorns.
And in fact, unicorns are noted in the Bible several times throughout various scripture. Within the Book of Numbers, Deuteronomy, Job, Psalms, and Isaiah, unicorns have been brought up in one way or another.
The Bible and Unicorns
How Many Times are Unicorns Mentioned in the Bible?
Throughout the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, unicorns are mentioned a total of nine different times. Even though it is believed that unicorns were not a part of the original language of the Bible (or even in modern translations), the KJV definitely notes that unicorns have played a part in religion at one time or another.
Let’s go over the nine verses where unicorns are mentioned. They are as follows:
- “Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?” (Job 39:9)
- “Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?” (Job 39:10)
- “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.” (Psalm 92:10)
- “They possessed at least one horn” (Psalm 92:10) “and quite possibly two.” (Deuteronomy 33:17, Psalm 22:21).
- “His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.” (Deuteronomy 33:17)
- “Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.” (Psalm 22:21).
- “God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.” (Numbers 24:8)
- “And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.” (Isaiah 34:7)
- “He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.” (Psalm 29:6)
Are Unicorns in Heaven?
If unicorns truly exist on Earth, are they found in Heaven too? Well, let’s think about it. Unicorns represent purity and light, which is also the idea that Heaven embodies.
In addition, unicorns are also associated with rainbows and flying, as is Heaven. Therefore, when these thoughts align, it is quite possible that unicorns appear in Heaven. Wouldn’t you think?
Unicorns and The Bible
Unicorns appear nine times throughout a number of different Bible verses. While unicorns today are thought to be more of a mythical creature, the mention of them within scripture makes it believable that they could have very well existed at earlier times, and maybe even still today. And, who knows, when you get to Heaven, there just might be a unicorn or two waiting to greet you.